Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Floral Design



Growing up on a farm in France, I have inherited my grand mother's love for flowers. My garden is a true labor of love and I have spent a good part of my life, designing, planting, caring for my flowers and trees.

One of my pleasures is to cut flowers in the early morning and arrange bouquets for the house. This has turned into a real passion, and I have done all the flower arrangements for friend's weddings, engagement parties and events.

I designed white and blue arrangements for my friend's  big birthday  bash . A perfect evening of great food, music, dancing under the star, and the most glorious sunset over the Long Island sound. Sadly, I had no time to take any photographs.

I realized that I haven't shared the flowers arrangements and tablescape I designed for the Greenwich Red Cross Gala event in May. For this affair, I relied on Lenox as they so kindly loaned me the beautiful tableware and glasses designed by Dona Karan as well as the silverware designed by Kate Spade. I incorporated my personal hand made ceramic plates lined with pure gold from the artist Jan Burts.

In a collaborate effort, Peter Farsano and I created the table cloth, inspired by the leaves designs that I saw on women's face in Burma. I reached out to Peter with my hand drawn design which he turned into a wonderful linen fabric.

You can see Peter's wonderful line of hand printed fabrics on: peterfasano.com.











A Bientôt,


Francine



5 comments:

  1. Hi Francine,
    Floral arrangement is truly an art and a joy! Your designs are beautiful!

    xoxo
    Karena

    The Arts by Karena



    ReplyDelete
  2. Francine, so beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it is so much fun isn't it? Have a great Sunday. I am still upset about California Chrome
    we should have had a triple Crown.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Francine. I share your passion for early morning cuttings to make arrangements for the home, or the party. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Francine, I enjoyed this. I did floral design for Exotic Gardens
    in Boca Raton, Florida for 6 years.
    After my Interior Design studio and house were burned down.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow InterieursNYC on Twitter